Here are some highlights from the last month:
- You've tried most of the Stage 2 baby foods (except for prunes, I don't think neither you nor I want to deal with the aftermath of prunes in your diaper.) You love all fruits, with apples being your favorite. You like veggies too, but your absolute favorite is the vanilla pudding/banana combo. I'll admit I tried a little bit of it and it is pretty yummy! You've tried some meat purees too and you like chicken noodle but are not a fan of the beef varieties yet.
- You have moved on from the adorable "Mmmmmmm" with each bite to an interesting loud grunt/growl. This does not mean you don't like the food, quite the opposite actually. You make this loud noise and then quickly open your mouth for more food, and more noises. You sure do make us laugh at feeding times! You also love trying to grab the spoon, and if this results in food flying everywhere and you being able to rub this food in your hair, ear, eyebrows, etc then you're even happier.
- You are a master at sitting up at your own and have been for a few weeks. It seems as though one day you were a little wobbly and then overnight you were a pro! You love sitting and playing with your new toys.
- You will reach for anything and everything in sight. Or even behind you. Sometimes you're successful and other times you get frustrated that you can't quite reach far enough to get that thing that caught your eye. I think this is your way of saying "Time to babyproof the house, Mom & Dad!"
- Speaking of what you're saying, you're always talking up a storm. And your new favorite thing to say is "da-da-da-da-da-da-da". While it sounds awful close to "Dada" we're not quite counting it as your first word since it's not really directed at your Daddy. Although he thinks it is.
- You have outgrown your infant bath sling and are now sitting up in your bath tub. This week we'll hook up the spa and bubbles that came with your fancy bath tub, I know you'll love it!
- The Bumbo has officially been retired, your cute chunky legs were getting stuck in the openings! Instead you have a new booster seat that we can take outside on the patio and you have plenty of room to grow in it. Next up to be retired - your swing. Your swing has been great but you are about 4 pounds from reaching the weight limit and you're almost too long for it. You still take some naps in it on the weekends, but I don't see the swing lasting too much longer. But think of all the extra room you'll have in your room for toys!
- Millie is still your favorite thing ever! You squeal with delight every time you see her come walk by or come close to you. You love reaching for her and grabbing her fur, so far she hasn't minded too much.
Weight: 20.6 lbs
Length: No official measurement from the doctor's office but I'll measure you over the weekend.
Hair: Lots and lots of red hair!
Eyes: Beautiful bright, blue eyes. Mommy loves them!
Teeth: None yet, but we're waiting on those pearly whites to show up any day!
Clothing size: 9 months
Diaper size: Size 3
Feedings: You are averaging 4-5 bottles a day and are up to 3 solid meals a day.
Favorites: You still love your Jumperoo, Sophie the Giraffe and Jacque the Peacock.
Happy seven month birthday to the sweetest, cutest little Monkey ever!!